(AmericanProsperity.com) – In a world that seems to be ever-changing, it’s nice to know that some things stay the same, like the sway of ocean tides or the fact the sun will rise every morning. Gravity is also one of those reliable happenings — or so we thought.
While gravity does keep everything grounded to the earth most of the time, there are quite a few places around the world where it seems to fail. Here are a few favorite spots where things go uphill rather than down:
- Strong winds often blow a waterfall in the Faroe Islands up the steep hill it typically cascades down, creating quite the optical illusion.
- When small amounts of water flow over the Hoover Dam in Nevada, for whatever reason, the water actually flows up the concrete slab rather than down due to a powerful updraft from the dam below.
- Nestled in Santa Cruz, California, the Mystery Spot somehow allows items to roll uphill and has a “mystery shack” that looks like gravity should have pulled it over years ago, but hasn’t.
- Around the world in Myanmar, there’s a 49-foot “Golden Boulder” that looks like it should teeter off the side of the cliff any moment by the pull of gravity, but has actually been sitting in its spot for over 2500 years.
- Ladakh, India is home to Magnetic Hill, where cars, when put in neutral, actually roll uphill. A similar hill can be found in Bedford County, Pennsylvania.
The Facts Junkie Youtube Channel has put together clips of some of these incredible sights, as well as others that make us question the Earth’s gravitational pull:
Hopefully, everyone has a chance to visit at least one of these incredible spots to have their beliefs and assumptions about the world and how it works challenged just a bit.
~Here’s to Your Prosperity!
Copyright 2021, AmericanProsperity.com