Brides Honeymoon Plan Destroyed
(AmericanProsperity.com) – Honeymoons are supposed to be fun and exciting, but unexpected hurdles sometimes get in the way. One couple’s plans went to the wayside after a simple mistake ruined the trip. The bride was stung by the world’s most venomous fish.
Honeymoon ruined after bride stung by world's most venomous fish https://t.co/rV6EC4cVNy pic.twitter.com/hBaA98KOID
— New York Post (@nypost) November 21, 2022
Amy Thomson, 27, was trying to enjoy her honeymoon with her husband, 37-year-old Callum Thomson, but ended up spending much of it in agony. The newlyweds booked a two-week getaway on Mauritius, a picturesque island in the Indian Ocean. The Thomsons were on a snorkeling trip and taking a break when the bride decided to take a dip in the water to cool down.
The 27-year-old was putting on her shoes when the person who organized the trip claimed she wouldn’t need them. Naturally, she listened and went into the water without foot protection, a mistake that would cause her the worst pain she’d ever experienced. On the bride’s way back to shore, she stepped on a stonefish, which possesses dorsal spines that inject potent venom.
After traveling nearly two hours back to the hotel where the newlyweds were staying, the woman visited the on-site doctor, who sent her to a nearby hospital — also over an hour away. Medical personnel gave her morphine for the pain and anti-venom for the sting. Eventually, staff members cut open her foot to squeeze out the venom.
Despite the agonizing incident, the Thomsons stayed on the island through their honeymoon. The injured 27-year-old didn’t get to enjoy any activities, instead spending her time poolside. Even now, the bride is suffering from the sting. She noted it could’ve all been avoided if the organizer had just kept his mouth shut.
~Here’s to Your Prosperity!
Copyright 2022, AmericanProsperity.com